April 20, 2017 | 7 comments
1. The one negative thing about being an expat is definitely being away from family. My mom visited over Easter and it was so nice. She has never been in Iceland before, and I think it was colder than she had expected. But I also think that she understood why I love it so much here.
2. This is pretty amazing.
3. I’m not sure I have a strong opinion about the fearless girl statue, but I thought this was very interesting.
4. Anyone marching for science this Saturday?
5. All of these are so true. And #2 has definitely happened to me multiple times.
6. Which punctuation mark are you? I’m the Oxford comma. I’m not surprised.
7. Today is a national holiday in Iceland. It is Sumardagurinn fyrsti (first day of summer). It surely doesn’t feel like it, considering it has been both snowing, hailing, and raining today. (And when it did not snow, hail, or rain, it was so windy that I was happy I didn’t have to go to the office.)
8. I’m in a reading slump. It sucks.
9. I’m thinking that the best way of getting out of this reading slump is to go to the bookstore even though I already bought four books this year and shouldn’t really spend more money on books right now.
Visit Christine at Bookishly Boisterous for more bookish (and not so bookish) thoughts.