March 9, 2017 | 13 comments
1. What happened to February and how is it already almost mid-March? Also, March means that I have to start thinking about filing taxes. This year I have to learn a 4th country’s system, so today I’m going to a very exciting seminar about Icelandic tax forms.
2. I’m in desperate need of a song to help me get rid of Jon Bellion’s All Time Low that is stuck on repeat in my head.
3. Reason #43 I’m not regretting moving to Reykjavik: The Icelandic government just announced a new law that will require companies to prove that the pay all employees the same regardless of gender, ethnicity, sexuality, or nationality.
4. For International Women’s Day, one of my favourite museums, Fotograpfiska (photography museum) in Stockholm, increased the entrance fee by 13% for men – equal to the gender pay gap in Sweden. I highly approved of the point they were making: if you get paid more to do the same job, you get to pay more to enjoy the same art.
5. I need a t-shirt like this for my collection.
Visit Christine at Bookishly Boisterous for more bookish (and not so bookish) thoughts.