February 23, 2017 | One comment
1. I’m so behind on my daily reading of Les Miserables. Receiving daily short sections to read via the serial reader app was a great idea, but it is not working if I don’t even open the app… (I will catch up, I just need to read 4 or 5 sections per day for a while.)
2. I just finished listening to Adnan’s Story: The Search for Truth and Justice After Serial by Rabia Chaudry. I was a big fan of the first season of the podcast Serial as well as the first season of the podcast Undisclosed: the State v. Adnan Syed and the book didn’t disappoint.
3. I’m done with teaching for a while now. I won’t lie – I really enjoy teaching but preparing lectures and grading assignments while still doing my full-time research work was a lot to keep up with.
4. I’m looking forward to getting my evenings back again and have more time to read. I just got two books I’m dying to read via a book exchange group: Why Did You Lie? by Yrsa Sigurdardottir and Every Three Hours by Chris Mooney. The latter is the sixth book in a series so I have a few books left to read before that one.
5. Now that I’m not working two intense jobs at the same time, I figured I have time to finally start learning Icelandic, so I signed up for a month long class at the university. I thought that since I’m staying here, I should make an effort to actually learn the language (more than just answering no when the cashier at the grocery store asks if I want a plastic bag).
Visit Christine at Bookishly Boisterous for more bookish (and not so bookish) thoughts.