August 11, 2016 | 4 comments
1. August is crazy busy. I have two field trips, two manuscripts for to submit, edits on a third manuscript, a grant application to write, and I’m already behind on my new project.
2. I’m also getting sick. I have a terrible headache, chills and a soar throat, and my ears are hurting. I really just want to crawl into my bed and not deal with the massive to-do list.
3. To make everything even worse, the sky is dark grey, its raining, windy and cold outside. Summer is definitely over.
4. This is why I love being a geologist.
5. I feel like I’ve been neglecting my blog lately. There just isn’t enough hours in the day at the moment. (Also, I’ve been busy reading.)
6. I usually prefer non-fiction over fiction for audiobooks but lately, I’ve been listening to a lot of books from Michael Connelly’s Harry Bosch series. They are solid 3-4 star reads. I’m liking the series more and more.
7. While waiting for the next Harry Bosch audiobook from the library, I listened to X by Sue Grafton. I’ve been planning to read the Kinsey Millhone series for years, but never gotten around to it. Sad to say, it was a big disappointment. (People kept saying that it is amazing – now I feel like I’ve been cheated out of a good series.) Maybe I shouldn’t have started with book 24? The one good thing was that it highlighted how great the Harry Bosch audiobooks are. It made me want to go back and up the rating on all of them.
8. I haven’t been watching that much of the Olympics so far, but I must say that Simone Biles is pretty impressive.
9. Cucamelon is the cutest thing ever. I’m trying to convince my ex-co-gardeners that they need to plant some. Why did no-one tell me abut these while could still benefit from the things growing in our community garden?!
Visit Christine at Bookishly Boisterous for more bookish (and not so bookish) thoughts.