August 4, 2016 | 2 comments
1. Last week I went to Askja for fieldwork. It was cold, rainy, and snow on the ground, but such a beautiful area. On the 10 hour drive back to Reykjavik, I was reminded over and over again how much I love the landscape here.
2. I really need a pair of these reinvented slippers.
3. It is August, which means it’s time for another round of 6 Degrees of Separation. The starting book this Saturday is Year of Wonders by Geraldine Brooks. Normally, I’d have my chain done weeks in advance but I haven’t started yet, and I have no ideas which book to link it to.
4. I’m still not convinced about the new layout of bloglovin’. I find it very hard to navigate.
5. I’m also not loving goodreads new layout.
6. I feel like I’m heading into a reading slump again. I need something good to read to get me back on track. Any ideas?
7. I have a deadline at work on Friday, and another one on Monday. I’m still in denial about how much is left to do, thinking that I won’t have to go into the office this weekend.
Visit Christine at Bookishly Boisterous for more bookish (and not so bookish) thoughts.