May 5, 2016 | 6 comments
1. I hate snakes. I really, really, really hate snakes. The other day, when I went out for my mid-day walk, there was a snake on the road. It was tiny, but a snake is still a snake. I was ready to turn around and go back inside the apartment and possibly never go outside again.
2. Do you agree with this list of 13 books that deserve better movie adaptions? I definitely agree about The Golden Compass, but for the rest of them, I haven’t both read the book and seen the film adaption.
3. I want these 30 inspirational quotes from fictional teachers and mentors printed and hung on my wall.
4. It’s May which means that it is Eurovision month! This video from SBS Australia is great. (Also, I don’t know how many times I’ve translated something like this from Swedish to English and my American and British friends have laughed at me because they think it doesn’t make any sense.)
— SBS Australia (@SBS) May 1, 2016
6. We decided to do a last minute trip to the summer house. We drove up last night (it’s a ~9 hour drive up to the north of Sweden). We got here at 4 am this morning and I have done nothing but relaxing and enjoying the beautiful scenery (and the silence). I have some work I should do on a manuscript, but instad, we went on a long walk through the forest.
7. On Monday, my sister and I saw this sign hanging next to a big fir cone. The sign says “weather computer”. If the cone is wet, it’s raining. If it’s dry, it’s not raining. If it casts a shadow, the sun is shining. If it’s white, it’s snowing. If you can’t see the cone, it’s foggy. If it’s swaying, it’s windy. If it’s jumping up and down, there’s an earthquake, and if the cone is gone, there’s a tornado.
Visit Christine at Bookishly Boisterous for more bookish (and not so bookish) thoughts.